You can touch the spirit of Africa
A long long time ago, it is said, man could have walked the length and breadth of Africa along trails blazed by wild animals migrating seasonally north to south and east to west.
Avoiding problem areas, herds in their millions found the easiest paths, through deserts and forests, across mountains and plains.
At first on foot and then with his wheels, man followed the wild animals and over time, transformed these trails into the roads of today.
Bhejane Adventures will follow these trails and take you to the remotest of areas, the loveliest of places and lead you safely back, whilst treating our fellow travellers and all that we encounter with the respect and the courtesy that we would have them give us.
Adapted from: TV Bulpin's - Discovering Southern Africa.
Who are we?
"Bhejane" is the Zulu name for Black Rhino and the animal's conservation success story is the inspiration behind Bhejane 4x4 Adventures.
Bhejane 4X4 Adventures was formed with the vision of conducting guided self drive 4X4 trails into the remoter areas of Southern Africa. Our objective is to involve everyone in the ecological, historical, cultural, ornithological components of the areas we visit.
Depending on the destination, adventure tourism activities are integrated into the tour and include walking trails, photography, game tracking, bird watching, fishing, scuba diving and boating excursions. The tour dynamics allow you and your family to enjoy the trip from the privacy of your own vehicle, while ensuring your safety and comfort in the camaraderie of group participation.
All vehicles are issued with hand-held radios to facilitate communication between participants and expeditions are fully catered by a professional chef.
- Size of groups vary between 4 and 12 vehicles, depending on the type of trip and destination
- Novices are welcome as we provide all terrain en-route training and guiding.
- Safe fun and adventure for the whole family and children are very welcome.
- All participating vehicles are issued with two-way radio communications.
- In addition to the 4x4 experience, a variety of exciting adventure and leisure activities are included such as boat trips, fishing, snorkeling, guided walks, birding and dugout canoe trips. Wherever possible and safe, we encourage our clients to participate in available adventure activities such as helicopter flips, scenic flights, bungy jumping, white water rafting, dune boarding and quad biking as optional activities (i.e. not included in the tour price).
- Three wholesome meals a day are prepared by a qualified bush chef.
- Menus are varied to include braais, potjies, pasta dishes, etc.
- Fresh salads and/or vegetables are served with dinner.
- Breakfasts on travel days will consist of hot porridge and cereals only and, where possible, will include fried breakfasts.
- Lunches are always served on the road to include sandwiches, wraps, salads, etc.
- Tea and coffee is available mornings and evenings.
- Ice is supplied in the evenings only for drinks.
- We supply all catering equipment, cook the food and wash the dishes.
- Rustic tented camps or lodge accommodation depending on the trip.
- On camping trips we supply, erect and transport 2,5 x 2,5m x 1.8m high dome tents with built-in ground sheets.
- Some of our camp sites may be rustic and at times we have to camp wild. However, you will be made aware of this before the time and there will always be pit toilets and bucket showers where water is available.
What you need to bring
- Your own 4X4 vehicle and fuel.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Your own medical and emergency evacuation insurance.
- Your own mattress and/or stretcher and bedding.
- Your own camp chair.
- Your own drinks and snacks.
Safety and Liability
- Bhejane Adventures has liability coverage.
- Although we travel in very remote areas, we go to great lengths to have communication at all times, including satellite telephones.
- Our guides are all qualified with First Aid and carry basic First Aid kits.
- Should you experience any difficulty, the Bhejane crew do have the "know how" and recovery equipment to assist with most off-road problems.
- All participants will be required to sign an indemnity form.
- Bhejane Adventures has a zero tolerance policy towards disrespect for safety, the environment, fellow travellers and the communities of the places we visit.
- Bhejane prides itself on the quality of its guides, logistics and catering staff.
- Guides comfortably and willingly share their wealth of ecological, historical, ornithological knowledge with all ages.
- Bhejane has taken in excess of 4 500 people on safari.
- Please note that confirmation of your reservation will only be made once Bhejane 4x4 Adventures is in receipt of the completed reservation form and of a 25%.deposit.
- An invoice will be sent to you for final payment approximately a month before the starts of the trip.
- The final tour information will be forwarded to you on receipt of full payment, which must be made to Bhejane 4x4 Adventures on receipt of the final payment invoice.
Any cancellation of a confirmed booking must be received in writing. In the event of a cancellation Bhejane Adventures will reserve the right to levy a cancellation fee to be determined as follows:
- 60 plus days prior to departure: R400.00 admin fee per reservation
- After 60 days prior to departure: Deposit will be forfeited
- After 30 days prior to departure: 50% of the full amount of the reservation.
- After 14 days prior to departure: 100% of the full amount of the reservation