Biomimicry Bush Camp
Set in the heart of the Bitou Valley,near Plettenberg Bay, this mobile pop up camp offers a uniquely natural experience
1 Nov 2019 – 22 Dec, 2019
2 – 30 January, 2020
R990.00 per person per night sharing
Check in: 14h00 / Check out: 10h00
BITOU BIRDING FESTIVAL CAMP ACCOMMODATION
CONTACT US: firstname.lastname@example.org
At this family getaway all you are required to do is relax and immerse yourself in the natural environment. This experience is enhanced by your accommodation which is sheltered under a canopy of indigenous forest next to the Bitou River.
Our luxury tents come with comfy beds and fresh white linen, our food is sourced locally and prepared in our bush kitchen, served alongside the meandering Bitou River. If sleeping to the sound of a gently flowing river and waking to the cry of Fish Eagles is for you – then look no further.
Located just outside Plettenberg Bay, the Biomimicry Bush Camp (Bio Bush Camp) is nestled in the heart of the Bitou Valley in the Cape Floristic Kingdom which is the smallest, yet most diverse of the world’s six floral kingdoms, a World Heritage Site and a biodiversity hotspot. Falling within a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, the Plettenberg Bay area is home to no less than five Blue Flag beaches and is in very close proximity to several Marine Protected Areas and breathtakingly beautiful forests – a living monument to our natural history.
The woody vegetation on the banks of the river surrounding the camp provides a unique habitat for birdlife that includes Fish Eagles, Kingfishers, Blue Cranes, Greater and Lesser Flamingoes, Plovers, Herons and marine birds to mention a few. This is a place where paddling in the river is for everyone, not just the ducks, and our guided bird excursions on foot and in our kayaks are an unforgettable experience.
We also offer use of our own Fat Bikes and have access to a number of very beautiful hiking trails on the property (speak to the Camp Host) in addition to Guided Hikes (Optional Cost) throughout Plettenberg Bay along the coastline and through the forests and fynbos. If chilling and recharging means working on your tan or working up a sweat with activities as diverse as the multitude of plant species and bird life – then this one-of-a-kind off the grid, low to zero to positive footprint camp, will be just up your street.
- All camp fees
- Transfers to and from your vehicle to the camp
Because this is a protected area, no vehicles are permitted in the camp. Campers will leave their vehicles in secure parking at Wittedrift High School
- Camp Host and Crew
- All the tents, bedding, cutlery and crockery
- Coffee & Tea – all day every day
- Breakfast and Dinner every day. Lunch is light and usually a packed picnic lunch
- The camp has eight of its own Fat Bikes for unlimited use while you are staying with us
- We have three Kayaks moored on our own jetty in the river which is also safe for swimming
- Our Bird Hide is situated near to the camp and is perfect for sundowners and photography
- Star Gazing Platform – the night sky provides stellar possibilities
- Outdoor bathing amongst the Milkwoods
- Your own alcohol
- If you are travelling by air, we will arrange both the necessary transfers to and from George or Plett Airport (R250 per person one way)
- A low cost shuttle service is available for the duration of your stay in the Camp. The cost of this is dependent on the destination.
- Optional Activities: Yoga, SUP’ing (Stand Up Paddle boarding), Surfing, Guided Hikes
Conceived by environmentalists and designed by a Biomimic, the Bio Bush camp is 100% mobile, designed to leave no footprint on this environmentally sensitive area when we pack it up and go. Quite literally – the only thing we leave behind is our own footprints.
If falling asleep to the sound of snuffling bushbuck and croaking frogs, waking to the call of nearby nesting Fish Eagles and knowing you’ve not only visited lightly but have contributed positively to the surrounding landscape, then the Biomimicry Bush Camp experience, is one that will live long in your memory.